A documentary about what DMX and his team goes through when putting together an album for release.
- DMX is his name because back in the day he was a beat-boxer, and a DMX was the beat machine, and that’s how he got his name.
- DMX was signed to Def Jam in Yonkers.
- The Def Jam representative who signed DMX said it was obvious, and that his music will serve him as long as he stays alive.
- DMX would rather feature unknown artists on his albums, rather than well known artists. He would rather shine light in the shadows.
- Before DMX was signed, he figured he would never get signed because of “The Industry”. To him, “The Industry” meant that it was controlled by very few and no one would ever get in unless they know someone, no matter how good they were.
- DMX once rapped over other peoples beats, recorded it to a cassette tape, then wrote his name on it, and that was the albums he sold prior to getting a recording deal.
- Being that it took him so long to break into the industry, DMX refuses to sacrifice his talent for money, and he also respects the game, or the art.
1276 Total Views 2 Views Today